Class: Year 4 (KSSR)
Date: 11th March 2014 ( Tuesday )
Theme/Context: World of Stories
Topic: Rosemary and the Four Gutsy Gnomes.
Focussed Skill: Listening and Speaking
Integrated skill(s): Writing
1.1 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to pronounce words and speak confidently with the correct stress, rhythm and intonation. 1.2 By the end of the 6 year primary schooling, pupils will be able to listen and respond appropriately in formal and informal situations for a variety of purposes. 1.3 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to understand and respond to oral texts in a variety of contexts.
Learning Standard (s):
1.1.4 Able to talk about related topics with guidance.
1.2.2 Able to listen to, follow and give instructions
1.3.1 Able to listen to and demonstrate understanding of oral texts by: (c) predicting with guidance
3.1.1 Able to write in neat legible print with correct spelling: (b) sentences
Language focus: Vocabulary (Noun) – gnomes, castle, fairy, elves, magic potion, magic wand, sword and ogre. Behavioural objectives: By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to: I. Match correctly at least 4 out of 8 pictures with the correct words. II. Retell the story in correct sequence by using their own words. III. Write the new ending of the story by using at least 3 new vocabulary that they have learned and justify their answer. Previous Knowledge: They have prior knowledge about story books. Instructional Materials: Textbook, Stick Puppets, Flashcards, Pictures Educational Emphasis: CCTS: Generating Ideas, Moral value: Teamwork
(± 2 minutes)
Example of question:
Do you know what these are?
1. Teacher shows stick puppets and introduces it to the pupils. 2. Teacher prompts questions to them.
3. Teacher leads pupils to the lesson of the day.
Engage the pupils’ interest.
Activate pupils’ prior knowledge.
(± 15 minutes)
Example of question:
Why do you think Rosemary is respected by everyone?
1. Teacher shows several pictures to the pupils.
2. Teacher introduce new vocabulary related to the pictures. 3. Pupils are required to match the pictures with the correct words. 4. Pupils pronounce the new words together with the teacher. 5. Teacher tell the pupils to take out their text books.
6. Teacher tells the story of ‘Rosemary and the Four Gutsy Gnomes’ with stick puppets to the pupils. 7. Teacher prompts the pupils with questions related to the story while telling the story.
Add new words for the pupils list of vocabulary.
Improve pupils pronunciation and enunciation.
Promotes fun learning for the pupils .
(± 20 minutes)
1. Pupils will be divided into 6 groups.
2. Teacher pastes several pictures on the board.
3. Each group will have to retell the story in their own words by using the pictures and the stick puppets. 4. Pupils may use the vocabulary that they have learned in the previous stage. 5. Teacher prompts questions to the pupils for them to have a better understanding regarding the story.
Moral Value: Teamwork
Pupils cognitive development
2 way interaction
(± 20 minutes)
1. Based from the previous activity, teacher asks the pupils whether they want to change the ending of the story based on their creativity. 2. Pupils are required to think individually about what kind of ending that they wanted to create using their own imagination. 3. Pupils are free to create their own ending but it must suit the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document